Identity theft is on the rise across the United States. It is increasingly important that you take steps to reduce the risk of becoming an identity theft victim.
There are a number of useful online resources for consumers. One great one is www.ftc.gov/idtheft , a one-stop national reference tool providing detailed information to help you deter, detect, and defend against identity theft. It will also help you address questions like:
- What are the steps I should take if I'm a victim of identity theft?
- What is a fraud alert?
- What is a credit freeze?
- What is an identity theft report?
- What do I do if the police only take reports about identity theft over the Internet or telephone?
- What do I do if the local police won't take a report?
- How do I prove that I'm an identity theft victim?
- Should I apply for a new Social Security number?
To speak to a professional identity theft counselor call 1-877-FTC-HELP (382-4357).
TRUSTEER SECURITY SOFTWARE
To help protect you from online banking fraud and identify theft, we have partnered with the online security firm of Trusteer to offer a free download of their Trusteer Rapport software. Rapport works with your existing firewall and anti-virus protection and is easy to install and use. Rapport is also entirely transparent and does not require you to change the way you work or sign into websites.
Please Note: By downloading and installing Trusteer's Rapport Software, you agree with and accept all of Trusteer Inc.'s terms and conditions for use of the Rapport Software. Torrey Pines Bank is not associated with Trusteer Inc., Trustee, Ltd. or any of their affiliates. Torrey Pines Bank is making Trusteer's Rapport Software available free of charge solely as a service to its customers and it is not responsible for, and does not guarantee, the effectiveness, content, services or operation of Trusteer's Rapport Software. All problems, questions or concerns regarding Trusteer's Rapport Software should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your access and use of the Rapport Software is also subject to the online banking services agreement between you and Torrey Pines Bank.
Download Rapport Here!
To learn more about Rapport, please visit the Trusteer website or read Rapport's Frequently Asked Questions.
What are the benefits of using Rapport?
- Protect the connection between Torrey Pines Bank's Online Banking site and your computer against common online threats.
- The green arrow signals that you have logged into Torrey Pines Bank's genuine Online Banking site and not a website claiming to be Online Banking.
If you require any assistance using the software, please contact Trusteer directly at: email@example.com.